Deadline: September 15, 2017
The submission portal is open for the 2017 FAR Scholarship Awards. The scholarship awards design excellence demonstrating innovation, social responsibility, environmental stewardship and critical thinking. Submissions can be a single project, multiple projects or a research/theory paper (graduate students only).
Scholarship winners will receive can receive up to $500 and submissions to the scholarship are free. Everyone who submits will receive a free ticket to the 2017 AIABaltimore Excellence in Design Awards Celebration on October 13, 2017 at the University of Baltimore Angelos Law Center.
- This scholarship program is open to students entering/beginning the final year of their architectural studies program (community college /undergraduate/graduate school) in Maryland.
- Community college graduates enrolled in an undergraduate architecture program may apply.
- The work can be a studio project, a competition, a self-directed project, or a graduate research/theory paper.
- The student must be the sole author of the work and it must have been realized exclusively in an academic setting.
- Designs completed in a professional office are not eligible.
- Students who submit to the FAR scholarship are encouraged to also submit to AIA Maryland Student Awards and vice versa.
- Faculty sponsorship is required for all submissions
- Participation is open to all eligible students at no charge.