AIABaltimore’s ARE Pact program offers a great incentive to get licensed: take all 7 exams within 12 months and you will receive a full refund of your ARE test prep enrollment fee, even if you don’t pass.
Enrollment in the program includes admission to all 7 ART (Achieving Registration Together) prep courses. ART courses each offer anywhere from 3 to 7 AIA/CES LUs in Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) and are eligible in any of the new NCARB AXP (Architect Registration Experience) areas.
In addition, the Pact offers the opportunity to meet others who are studying for the exams and establish study groups. Pact participants will have access to AIABaltimore’s reference library and the ability to borrow ARE study materials.
Study group meeting times to be determined.
- It is highly recommended that you are authorized to test from NCARB and the Maryland Board of Architects before registering for the ARE Pact.
- Individuals who have taken past ARE exams may still register for the 2017 ARE Pact.
- The completion date for the 2017 ARE Pact is September 1, 2017. All exams must be taken by this date. You are only required to take (not pass) all ARE exams you have remaining by the completion date to be reimbursed for your enrollment fee. You will be reimbursed after the Pact completion date.
- Please fill out the Google form completely. You will be invited to participate in a study group based on your answers to the questions in the form.
- The 2017-2018 ART schedule has not yet been finalized. As soon as this information is available, we will post to this webpage.
Enrollment is $600 for AIA members and $800 for non-members.
The enrollment fee is set regardless of the number of ARE divisions you have completed. Please note that the program does not include ARE testing or rescheduling fees. Checks are the only accepted form of payment and must be postmarked no later than Monday, September 12, 2016. Checks can be made payable to AIABaltimore and mailed to:
11 1/2 W. Chase Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Dates to be determined. ART will go from September 2017 – April 2017, typically with one session per month and taking place at different architecture firms in Baltimore. Sessions include:
ARE 4.0 Sessions
- Site Planning and Design
- Programming, Planning and Practice (PPP)
- Construction Documents and Services