AIA Baltimore’s ARE Pact program offers a great incentive to get licensed: take all 7 exams within 12 months and you will receive a full refund of your ARE test prep enrollment fee, even if you don’t pass.
Enrollment in the program includes admission to all 7 ART (Achieving Registration Together) prep courses. ART courses each offer anywhere from 3 to 7 AIA/CES LUs in Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) and are eligible in any of the new NCARB AXP (Architect Registration Experience) areas.
In addition, the Pact offers the opportunity to meet others who are studying for the exams and establish study groups. Pact participants will have access to AIABaltimore’s reference library and the ability to borrow ARE study materials. ARE 5.0 will launch in November of 2016—this is the perfect time to complete the exams in 4.0 or take advantage of the transition to complete the ARE’s by taking only 5 exams.
Register by filling out the form.
Enrollment is $600 for AIA members and $800 for non-members.
ART Program Kick-Off: Thursday, September 1 2016 (Date and time TBD)
View Information about the ART Program: http://www.aiabaltimore.org/artregistration/
Study group meeting times to be determined.
- It is highly recommended that you are authorized to test from NCARB and the Maryland Board of Architects before registering for the ARE Pact.
- Individuals who have taken past ARE exams may still register for the 2016 ARE Pact.
- The completion date for the 2016 ARE Pact is September 1, 2017. All exams must be taken by this date. You are only required to take (not pass) all ARE exams you have remaining by the completion date to be reimbursed for your enrollment fee. You will be reimbursed after the Pact completion date.
- Please fill out the Google form completely. You will be invited to participate in a study group based on your answers to the questions in the form.
- The 2016-2017 ART schedule has not yet been finalized. As soon as this information is available, we will post to this webpage.
- The enrollment fee is set regardless of the number of ARE divisions you have completed. Please note that the program does not include ARE testing or rescheduling fees. Checks are the only accepted form of payment and must be postmarked no later than Monday, September 12, 2016. Checks can be made payable to AIA Baltimore and mailed to:
Zevi Thomas, Programs and Outreach Associate
AIA Baltimore, 11 ½ West Chase Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
You can begin scheduling exam appointments via My Examination. – See more at: http://www.ncarb.org/ARE/Taking-the-ARE.aspx#sthash.vcE5auea.dpuf