The AIABaltimore Practice Management Committee seeks to encourage open discourse among AIABaltimore architects, allied members, and other professional organizations to advance member understanding of practice-related issues including; business, ethics, construction law, taxes, human resources, marketing, and technology. Responsibilities of the AIA Practice Management Committee include delivering 3-4 educational seminars throughout the year for continuing education credit. Each seminar aims to present a different aspect of operating an architectural practice. In addition, the Practice Management Committee assists in organizing the annual AIA/BAF holiday party and Presidents meeting.
Additional resources can be found on the AIA National Practice Management Knowledge Community (PMKC) website:
The committee meets every 3rd Tuesday at 8:30 am at AIABaltimore Board Room.
Contact the committee chair for information about joining:
Anthony Gill, AIA
MCA | Architecture
Basil Rousos, AIA
Hord Coplan Macht, Inc.
- Purposeful Architecture Selected to Lead Special Needs Design for Rock Creek School Replacement 10.2.17 - Annapolis, MD (October 2, 2017)—Purposeful Architecture—a nationally recognized Special Needs Design Architect Firm—is pleased to announce that it has been selected to lead special needs design efforts for the Rock Creek School Replacement in the Frederick County Public School (FCPS) system, and is teaming as a consultant with local architects Proffitt & Associates and Becker Morgan Group. continue reading
- The Design Collective/Samaha Joint Venture awarded Calvin M. Rodwell Elementary/Middle Replacement School 9.11.17 - Baltimore, MD (September 11, 2017) – The Design Collective/Samaha joint venture was recently selected by Maryland Stadium Authority and Baltimore City Public Schools to provide design and construction administration services for the replacement of the existing Calvin M. Rodwell Elementary/Middle School, built in 1978. continue reading
- AIABaltimore’s Continuing Education Committee is now the Practice Management Committee 7.20.15 - AIABaltimore is pleased to announce that our Continuing Education Committee has been relaunched as the Practice Management Committee to provide resources and education on professional practice and firm management. continue reading
- Small Firm AIAU Courses 4.13.15 - Here's a roundup of AIAU courses that cover topics such as sustainable design, budgeting, and marketing from a small business perspective. continue reading
- AIA Resources for Residential Architects - CRAN (Custom Residential Architects Network) Contract Documents Contract Documents List Continuing Education System (CES) A Small Firm and Sole Practitioner’s Guide to Using AIA Contract Documents Residential Knowledge Community (RKC)… continue reading
- Web Resources for Sustainable Architecture - Visit our ever-growing list of resources across the internet that further the practice of environmentally-sustainable building. continue reading