Find the committee on Facebook
The Women in Architecture / Diversity committiee Defines and promotes diversity within AIABaltimore membership and the field of architecture.
The committee meets every 2nd Thursday at 6 p.m. Location varies.
Contact the committee chairs for information about joining:
Alice Brooks, AIA
Ayers Saint Gross
The Verve Partnership
- Women’s Leadership Summit 2017 Calls for Proposals 6.9.16 - AIA Women’s Leadership Summit is now welcoming proposals for lectures and presentations. Deadline: July 25. continue reading
- Kathleen Lechleiter Chosen for Leadership Maryland Class of 2016 2.17.16 - Leadership Maryland announced today that Kathleen Lechleiter, AIA, president at K. Lechleiter Architect, LLC, and co-founder of the RE/PUBLIC, has been chosen to participate in the professional development program dedicated to building a stronger Maryland by educating, cultivating and connecting our state’s brightest leaders. continue reading
- Early Women of Architecture Traveling Exhibit Schedule (2015-2016) 8.5.15 - The Women in Architecture Committee (WIA) of AIABaltimore, in collaboration with the Baltimore Architecture Foundation and Morgan State University, has embarked on a project to assemble the stories of these early women who contributed to architecture in Maryland. continue reading
- Early Women of Architecture in Maryland Exhibit at Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum Visitor Center 6.29.15 - The Women in Architecture Committee of the American Institute of Architects of Baltimore, in collaboration with the Baltimore Architecture Foundation and Morgan State University, researched the pioneering women who contributed to architecture in Maryland during the 1920’s - 1960’s. Their findings are presented in a traveling exhibit on display in the visitor center for 2 months. continue reading
- Luanne Greene Promoted to President of Ayers Saint Gross 5.21.15 - Effective January 1, 2016, Luanne Greene, FAIA, LEED AP, Principal and Director of the Campus Planning Studio, will become President, the first woman to lead the firm in its 100-year history. continue reading
- Why We Need a WIA Committee - A recent study suggests that the number of licensed women has been decreasing. I believe this is partly due to a lack of support... continue reading