Advocacy Day in Annapolis
February 1 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
AIA Maryland is partnering with Preservation Maryland to convene a statewide delegation of history, humanities and preservation advocates in Annapolis to let elected officials know that our state’s history is worth protecting. We will be advocating for the policies, programs and funding that makes our collective work possible!
The day starts at 10:00 am with a briefing at the AIA Maryland Chapter House – 86 Maryland Avenue. Attendees make their own schedules and go to as many meetings as they like with an optional luncheon, awards ceremony and evening reception. You do not need to commit to the full day in order to participate!
Details & Schedule:
Advocacy Day will begin with a briefing by Preservation Maryland at the AIA Maryland Chapter House – 86 Maryland Avenue in Annapolis. Legislative meetings will take place at the various offices of our state legislators. AIA Maryland members will also spend time with legislators during their annual Legislative Luncheon at the Chapter House. The Maryland Historical Trust will host their annual Preservation Awards and an evening reception will follow in the Senate Office Building. There are many parking options in Annapolis.
- 10AM – Legislative Briefing at AIA Maryland Chapter House
- 11:30AM – 1PM – AIA Maryland Legislative Luncheon
- 12PM – 5PM – Meetings with your legislators; Preservation Maryland will assist in scheduling
- 4PM – 5:30PM – Annual Awards Ceremony of the Maryland Historical Trust in Senate Office Building (Separate registration required)
- 5:30PM – 7:30PM – Cocktail Reception in the Senate Office Building