- This event has passed.
AIABaltimore Continuing Education Committee: Low Slope Roofing Today
November 5, 2014 @ 7:45 am - 1:00 pmFree
Low slope commercial roofing is a dynamic, constantly changing segment of construction – Join us for a thorough update of this important part of your building’s design.
3.5 AIA or IDP credits
Continental Breakfast: 7:45 – 8:30
Seminar: 8:30 – 12:00
Buffet Lunch, 12:00 -1:00
AIA Members: $60 with lunch buffet, or $45 without lunch
Non-Members: $75 with lunch, or $60 without lunch
Assoc. AIA and AIAS members (students): $20 with lunch, free without lunch
A sample of topics we will cover:
• Learn how to design for the best wind uplift design and know when to include FM wind uplift ratings in your project.
• Understand the different options available for a successful green roof project.
• Become “Solar-Smart” – Learn what a white reflective roof does for your building’s energy efficiency.
• Increasing attention is being paid to air and vapor tightness in envelope design. Learn how and when to apply this to your roof.
• Learn the importance of the roof edge to overall roof securement and how to comply with the current IBC requirement for ANSI/SPRI ES-1 standard in your specifications.
We invite you to this comprehensive morning seminar where you will gain 3.5 AIA or IDP Learning Units along with the most current knowledge in the low slope and green roof industry.
The seminar includes continental breakfast, buffet lunch, and valet parking at The Engineers Club in Mt. Vernon, Baltimore.
Image courtesy Weinberg Manor South green roof in Pikesville, MD; Kann Partners, architects; Whiting Turner, GC Alliance Roofing, roof and vegetated system Firestone Skyscapes.