Architectural Travel Tour: Exploring India’s Deep South
December 30, 2017 - January 20, 2018
AIA/CES credits available.
Join Professor Suzanne Frasier, FAIA and her students from the School of Architecture and Planning for their Winter Semester Abroad. Meet Indian architects, faculty and students in this collaborative and total immersion into the world of Indian architecture.
This is a 20-day trip of a lifetime to explore ancient sites, modern metropolises, national institutions, and historic residences in India’s two most southern states, Kerala and Tamil Nadu. In addition, there are beaches to be explored, fine Indian dining, and scenic train rides!
Suzanne Frasier, FAIA is a scholar of South Asian architecture, history, urban development and material culture. She divides her time between her home in Baltimore where she is a senior faculty member at Morgan State University and India, where she is visiting faculty at MES College of Architecture. She has led multiple study abroad trips to India in the past 10 years.
When else in life will you be able to…
- Explore the Meenakshi Temple in the ancient temple city of Madurai.
- Visit Kanyakumari, the southernmost tip of India, to gaze at the Laccadive Sea.
- Discover historic, multi-cultural cities along the southwest coast where Indians, Arabs, and Africans have mingled for centuries.
- 20 Days / 19 Nights
- Price TBD
- Departing from Dulles International Airport on Saturday 30 December
- Starting in Kozhikode on Monday, 1 January 2018
- Completing in Kozhikode on Saturday, 20 January 2018
Trip at a Glance and Where You’ll be Staying:
- 3 nights in Kozhikode at the Raviz Resort Hotel
- 3 nights in Chennai at the New Woodlands Hotel
- 1 night in Pondicherry at Shenbaga Hotel
- 1 night in Thanjavur at Hotel Ideal River Resort
- 2 nights in Madurai at the Hotel Madurai Residency
- 4 nights in Thiruvananthapuram at Hotel Vivanta by Taj
- 3 nights in Fort Kochi at the Neemrana Tower House
- 2 nights in Calicut at the Taj Gateway Hotel
- Architectural walking tours with local Indian experts
- Expert bilingual Indian guides
- Accommodations as listed in your itinerary
- Insider access so some of India’s architectural jewels
- Bottled water daily
- Transport by private motor coach while in India
- All Rail and Air travel while in India
- All Airport transfers while in India
- Special insider “People to People” experiences
- Indian Tourist Visa fee
- Travel Insurance
- Traveler’s Medical Insurance
- Extra baggage fees
- Discretionary spending
- All entrances as listed in your itinerary
- Gratuities for your driver and guides
- International Air Fare
To register, email Suzanne Frasier at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the names of the guests you are paying for.
Make check out to:
The Baltimore Architecture Foundation
11 1/2 W. Chase Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
50% deposit due by Sept 30. Payment in full due by October 16.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Image courtesy Bernard Gagnon, Wikipedia