- This event has passed.
ART Kick-Off: ARE Pact, AXP®, ARE®, and Maryland Licensure
September 1, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Presented by the AIABaltimore Emerging Professionals Committee and NCARB
1.5 AIA CES LUs available
This program will provide an overview of the AIABaltimore ART (Achieving Registration Together) ARE Prep course and study program, as well as process of architectural licensure in Maryland, and NCARB’s Architecturural Experience Program® (AXP®) and the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®).
A representative from the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) will present on a range of licensure topics relevant to students, interns, supervisors, architects, and people in the architecture profession. The presentation will review the steps necessary to achieve licensure to become an architect and other programs to get the most out of your career in architecture.
Iris Beasley and Steve Long from Maryland’s DLLR Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing department will address state specific requirements for licensure.
Judson Hornfeck, AIA, Chair of AIA Baltimore’s ART (Achieving Registration Together) ARE Prep program, will be present our ARE Pact incentive, and the schedule of classes for the upcoming academic year.
Topics will include:
- Introduction to the AIABaltimore ART/ARE Prep Series Topics and Format
- Maryland State Architectural Licensure requirements
- Background of NCARB
- The entities involved in the licensure process
- How to progress successfully through the Architecture Experience Program® (AXP®)
- What to expect with the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) and the transition to the 5.0 exam
- Recent changes to NCARB programs
- Value of the NCARB Certificate
The presenters will be available to address specific questions on an individual basis. All attendees will be entered into a drawing for complimentary registration to the AIABaltimore ART/ARE® Prep series!