- This event has passed.
Former Superintendent’s House at Druid Hill Park: Construction Tour
September 23, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Presented by the AIABaltimore Historic Resources Committee
1.5 AIA/CES credits available
5:00 p.m. Reception
5:30 – 7:00 p.m Program and Tour
Register online or at the door
Join us for design presentation and tour of the historic renovation and new building for the Parks & People Foundation on a 9 acre site adjacent to Druid Hill Park. Representatives of Parks & People, Ziger/Snead Architects and Lewis Contractors will walk us through the goals and aspirations of the Parks & People Foundation and their ultimate realization in this 2010 AIA Maryland Merit Award project. We will tour the restored historic house and new building site.
The construction site is the location of the abandoned Druid Hill Park Superintendent’s house, now bordered by Auchentoroly Terrace, Liberty Heights Avenue, and Reisterstown Road. The site was cut off from Druid Hill Park by the construction of the higher speed roads of the late 1940’s. The Parks & People Foundation is now completing a $12.8 million dollar campaign to restore the original landscape, rehabilitate the historic Superintendent’s House and build a new LEED Platinum certified building which will house an ecology center, administrative offices for the Foundation and more.
WEAR APPROPRIATE (closed-toe) FOOTWEAR!
On street parking adjacent to the site.
Team members include:
Client: Parks & People Foundation
Architect: Ziger/Snead Architects
Contractor: Lewis Contractors
Sponsored by Lewis Contractors
Image courtesy Parks and People