The submission portal is open for the 2017 FAR Scholarship Awards. The scholarship awards design excellence demonstrating innovation, social responsibility, environmental stewardship and critical thinking. Submissions can be a single project, multiple projects or a research/theory paper (graduate students only).
Scholarship winners will receive can receive up to $500 and submissions to the scholarship are free. Everyone who submits will receive a free ticket to the 2017 AIABaltimore Excellence in Design Awards Celebration on October 13, 2017 at the University of Baltimore Angelos Law Center.
- This scholarship program is open to students entering/beginning the final year of their architectural studies program (community college /undergraduate/graduate school) in Maryland.
- Community college graduates enrolled in an undergraduate architecture program may apply.
- The work can be a studio project, a competition, a self-directed project, or a graduate research/theory paper.
- The student must be the sole author of the work and it must have been realized exclusively in an academic setting.
- Designs completed in a professional office are not eligible.
- Students who submit to the FAR scholarship are encouraged to also submit to AIA Maryland Student Awards and vice versa.
- Faculty sponsorship is required for all submissions
- Participation is open to all eligible students at no charge.