Rare Opportunity to Join an Award-Winning Design Firm. We now have a rare opening to join our growing studio in the role of Architectural Designer, working in our Baltimore, MD office with remote work options.
Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects promotes an integrated approach to architecture, planning and interior design. M&D has an excellent reputation in the Mid-Atlantic marketplace, with offices in Baltimore, MD and York, PA. In addition to receiving the Fostering Emerging Professionals (EPiC) AIA Award for the past 5 consecutive years, our firm has received well over 200 design awards – including 8 AIA design excellence awards this year alone.
Progressive, Design-Focused Culture & Impressive Built Projects. Our team of creative professionals and emerging talent puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our goal is to develop the best and most innovative design that reflects the needs of our clients, while creating “places” that make a positive contribution to the human experience – and the environment. We really enjoy working with a diverse group of clients on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn or on our blog: murphydittenhafer.com
Unique Opportunity. Our firm is the right size for staff to have opportunities to collaborate closely with Senior Architects on interesting projects. If you have design thoughts and ideas, they will be heard – even implemented! Architectural Designers are provided with well-rounded exposure to all that the field of Architecture encompasses:
- Creative and innovative solutions
- 3-D renderings and animations
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Collaborating with internal project teams and engineering consultants
- Product and system research
- Production of design documents and detailed/fully coordinated construction documents
- Awareness of evolving design trends, codes, technology, and systems
Benefits. Our firm is large enough to offer a very rich benefits package, and the right size to offer the opportunity to work very closely with talented people in one of the area’s premier creative design environments. M&D staff enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- M&D Day – an annual tradition that includes good food and company while touring our projects
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parking
- Flexible & Remote Work Schedule Options
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (including a week off between Christmas & New Year’s)
- Profit Sharing & Employer matched 401k
- Professional Registration/Continuing Education Assistance
Capabilities. Qualified candidates will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and a passion for design
- 2-3 years of experience (preferred)
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Intrinsic motivation
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Pursuit of Architectural Registration and/or LEED Certification
- Proficiency in CAD, Revit, Sketchup, and other graphic/animation presentation platforms such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Power Point, etc.
Take the Next Step. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com. If you like what you see, email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please indicate the Baltimore, Maryland Architectural Designer Position.