Join a Growing Company and Team with a wide variety of Architectural Design projects!
Penza Bailey Architects (https://penzabailey.com/), an award winning Architectural firm in multiple arenas is now a studio of PRIME AE Group (www.primeeng.com), a multi-discipline Architecture & Engineering firm with a combined (17) office locations.
We are seeking an Architectural Associate | Intern Architect for our flagship office in Baltimore, MD (on the UMBC Tech Campus – Catonsville).
Who is PRIME AE Group?
- We are a well-established and progressive multi-discipline Architecture and Engineering (A/E) firm with 17 offices in 9 states and over 400 employees in the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast regions.
- We have a collaborative (within and between teams and specializations/depts), transparent, and fast-paced work environment with a diverse project and client portfolio.
- We excel at using a workshare model to share work across the company (if needed) to balance the backlog.
- Our Managers have a vested interest in your career progression and interests.
What will I be Doing – Job Duties?
This position focuses on projects in the fields of:
- Federal/Dept of Defense / military
- Community/Municipal projects (civic centers, libraries, govt’ buildings),
- Education (K-12 and/or higher education)
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Plans, programs, and designs construction documents of projects for clients according to their project vision, needs, and financial resources.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans – specifically Revit.
- Prepares drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
- May assist in preparing client project presentations, studies, and reports.
What Do I Need?
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience required the project types listed above,
- BArch / BS in Architecture or MA (Master of Architecture) required,
- Seeking to proactively gain experience in all phases of project design, construction documentation and construction materials,
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal, listening and written including client presentation skills,
- Proficient in Revit,
- Ability to proactively learn building codes, standards, building structures, and engineering systems,
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
Why PRIME AE?
- Competitive (market and above) salaries.
- A team-oriented/collaborative work environment both within the Baltimore (Catonsville) office and other locations in the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast regions.
- The Corporate office has a large and spacious design (@ 24,000 sq ft) with free onsite parking.
- Interesting projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A newly re-designed and employee-focused Health and Welfare Benefits package.
- Executives who are engaged/interactive with both the project and your personal career development/growth.