Award-Winning Design Firm. We have an opening to join our growing studio in the role of Architectural Designer, based in either our Baltimore, MD or York, PA office – with remote work options. Our 25+ person firm was founded in 1985 and offers the opportunity to work with talented people in one of the region’s premier creative design environments.
Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects promotes an integrated approach to architecture, planning, and interior design. M&D has an excellent reputation in the Mid-Atlantic marketplace. In addition to receiving the Fostering Emerging Professionals (EPiC) AIA Award for the past 5 consecutive years, our firm has received well over 200 design awards – including 8 AIA design excellence awards this year alone.
Progressive, Design-Focused Culture & Impressive Built Projects. Our team of creative professionals and emerging talent puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our goal is to develop the best and most innovative designs that reflects the needs of our clients, while creating “places” that make a positive, sustainable contribution to the human experience. We really enjoy working with a diverse group of clients on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few.
Unique Opportunity. Our firm is the right size for staff to have opportunities to collaborate closely with Senior Architects and Firm Principals on interesting projects. If you have design thoughts and ideas, they will be heard – even implemented! Architectural Designers are provided with well-rounded exposure to all that the field of Architecture encompasses:
- Product and system research
- Production of design documents and detailed/fully coordinated construction documents
- Evolving design trends, codes, technology, and systems
- Hands-on Construction Administration experience
- Creative and innovative design solutions
- 3-D renderings and animations
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Collaborating with internal project teams and engineering consultants
Benefits. Our firm is large enough to offer a generous benefits package. M&D staff enjoy:
- Competitive Compensation & Paid Parking
- M&D Day – an annual tradition touring our projects
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- In-House Educational Seminars & Design Forums
- Flexible & Remote Work Schedule Options
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (including a week off between Christmas & New Year’s)
- Profit Sharing & Employer-matched 401k
- Professional Registration/Continuing Education Assistance
Capabilities. Qualified candidates will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and a passion for design
- 2-3+ years of experience (preferred)
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Intrinsic motivation
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Pursuit of Architectural Registration and/or LEED Certification
- Proficiency in CAD, Revit, Sketchup, Lumion, and other graphic/animation presentation platforms such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Power Point, etc.
Take the Next Step. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com. If you like what you see, email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please indicate “Architectural Designer” along with your desired office location.