Join our growing 25+ person firm in the full-time role of Project Architect, based in either our Baltimore, MD or York PA office with remote work options. This is a great opportunity to work with talented people in one of the area’s premier Architectural environments.
Breadth of Work. M&D has an excellent reputation in the Mid-Atlantic marketplace. We work with a diverse group of clients on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few.
Design-Focused & Technically Proficient Culture. By promoting an integrated approach to Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design, the Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects’ team of experienced professionals and emerging talent puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our goal is excellent and innovative design that reflects client needs, while creating “places” that make a positive contribution to the human experience – and the environment. In tandem with our design focus is a commitment to comprehensively delineating technical details on drawings and in specifications to ensure constructability – and providing high levels of engagement and coordination to successfully accomplish construction completion.
Unique Opportunity. Our firm is the right size for collaboration with Principals, other Project Management Staff, and very talented Architectural Designers – all of whom have Architectural degrees and are pursuing licensure. Our objective is to infuse high quality Architecture into each of our commissions, to ensure our designs are documented and detailed correctly, to manage projects efficiently and profitably, and to achieve successful built results. Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
- Collaboration and Coordination with internal project teams and engineering consultants
- Development of creative and innovative solutions during Construction Administration
- High level of awareness and leadership on building codes, technology, sustainability, and systems
- Project Management Responsibility to lead project teams and Engineering Consultants during Project Construction on a variety of project types, scales, and locations
- Ensure detailed/fully coordinated construction documents and specifications
- Significant Client interface and management
Benefits. M&D staff enjoy:
- Competitive compensation; Paid Parking
- Flexible Remote Work Schedule Options
- M&D Day – an annual tradition touring our new or recently completed projects
- In-House Educational Seminars
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (including a week off between Christmas & New Year’s)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing & Employer matched 401k
- Professional Registration/Continuing Education Assistance
Capabilities. Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Minimum Required)
- 5-8+ years of Construction administration, specifications, quality assurance, design detailing, project management, code compliance, and technical architectural experience
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Minimum Proficiency in CAD, Revit, and Bluebeam
- Intrinsic motivation and a passion for technical details
Take the Next Step. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com. If you like what you see, email your cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please indicate “Project Architect” along with your preferred office location.
More about M&D. Since our founding in 1985, we have been recognized with over 200 design awards – more than any other local firm in the Central Pennsylvania/ Baltimore region – including 8 AIA design excellence awards this year alone, as well as the Fostering Emerging Professionals (EPiC) AIA Award for the past 5 consecutive years. While awards are just one measure of success, they are an indication of the intensity and high professional standards with which M&D approaches each project. We create spaces that are beautiful, convenient, enduring, safe – and inspiring.