Assist with studies/concept designs, documentation, and production elements for projects of varying scopes, scales, and types within a client-focused and team-driven environment.
What M&D Offers:
M&D maintains an excellent reputation in the Mid-Atlantic marketplace, and our staff enjoy an array of benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Focus on work-life balance
- Flexible schedule with remote work options
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays Annually
- Week off between Christmas and New Year’s
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit Sharing
- Professional Registration/Development Assistance
- In-House Educational Seminars & Design Forums
To learn more about M&D:
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn or on our blog: murphydittenhafer.com
Role of Architectural Designer:
Responsible to develop project documents through all project phases, from initial concept/study/planning efforts through to schematic design, design development and construction documents, along with construction administration assistance:
- Production of design and construction drawings consistent with design intent
- Create digital models, renderings, diagrams, and other visual project/presentation tools
- Communicate design documentation progress and coordination internally
- Participate in and contribute to concept, planning, and design discussions
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive design files and documentation
- Research and awareness of evolving design trends, building codes, technology, sustainability, and systems
- Provide project support during construction administration
- Assist with proposals and business development efforts as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Required)
- 2-5+ years’ experience (Preferred)
- CAD & Revit Proficiency (Required)
Email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if available) to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please indicate Architectural Designer – Baltimore, MD in the subject line.
About Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects
Since the firm founding in 1985, M&D has a proven history of delivering impressive built projects. Our firm has received well over 200 design and craftsmanship awards. By promoting an integrated approach to architecture, planning and interior design, our team puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our goal is to develop the best and most innovative design that reflects client needs, while creating “places” that make a positive contribution to the human experience – and the environment. We get to work on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few.
With offices in Baltimore, MD and York, PA, we are the right size for opportunities to collaborate with Principals, Project Management Staff, and other Architectural Designers – on how to elevate and infuse high quality design into each of our commissions and to manage projects efficiently and profitably.