The H. Chambers Company, one of the nation’s leading Planning, Architecture, and Interior Design firms is searching for Senior Project Manager for our Baltimore, MD office with 12 – 20 years of experience.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for management and development of key projects in the architecture studio.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Managing architectural projects under the supervision of the Director of Architecture, including budgeting, scheduling, and overseeing architectural staff to execute projects on-time and on-budget
- Coordinating with other Chambers’ offices on joint projects
- Working with senior management and marketing to fit design strategy within the organizational vision, provide marketing coordination, and represent the architecture studio as well as the overall firm
- Managing the architectural design process and working with Chambers’ project management committee to improve design strategy & processes, including training staff on Chambers’ design and project management standards
- Ensuring project designers and architects adhere to our clients’ policies and procedures
- Leading design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction documentation
- Providing staffing, scheduling and budgeting projections for architecture projects, and participating in weekly office-wide scheduling meetings
- Overseeing initial massing, site planning, space planning and design concepts during initial master planning
- Managing work plans to deliver exceptional presentations and construction documents
- Reviewing design specifications for quality control and conformity with project design concepts
- Evaluating progress of projects, performance and design goals
- Engaging with our high-end private club clientele and other key stakeholders
- Offering leadership, clear guidance and feedback as a Senior Project Manager to the project team on a regular basis to ensure quality results
- Maintaining a strong presence in professional organizations such as the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Assuming overall responsibility for profit and loss of the Project Managers’ project work
- Helping draft proposals and estimating projects fees alongside the Firmwide Director of Architecture
Qualified Candidate Should Possess:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture – license is preferred
- Demonstrated contract administration capabilities, as well as working knowledge of building codes, CSI specifications, and AIA procedures
- Fluency in Revit, AutoCAD, or other BIM software
- Fluency in project management software such as Deltek, Ajera, and Microsoft Project is a plus
- Experience in hospitality design is preferred
Chambers offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package and a welcoming environment that encourages and supports professional development.
If you are interested in this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and electronic portfolio.