The Baltimore Architecture Foundation is seeking board members for 2024.
BAF Board Requirements
BAF board members are passionate about the built environment. The board is drawn from the Baltimore region, and includes architects and a variety of disciplines such as historians, educators, businesspeople, and public servants.
- Members are asked to at all times promote and act as ambassadors of BAF.
- Members are asked to attend at least four of the six bimonthly board meetings.
- Members are asked to attend a minimum of three BAF programs a year.
- Members are asked to volunteer at a minimum of two events per year or volunteer in another capacity that with the approval of the board would satisfy the volunteer requirement.
- Members are asked to belong to one of the following committees within the BAF:
- Education (FAR/Kids in Design)
- Publications/Research (DAS)
- Outreach & Development (Communications, Friends of BAF, Strategic Partnerships, Fundraising)
- Programs (Doors Open, Tours, Lecture Series, Exhibitions)
- Members are asked to financially support BAF by donating to the organization (BAF seeks 100% board giving each year) and seeking sponsors for the organization. If approved by the board, members may volunteer time in lieu of financial support.
- Members are asked to attend the strategic planning meeting organized with AIA Baltimore and BAF leaders to facilitate collaboration between the organizations.
If you are interested in joining, please email Lauren Bostic Hill, Executive Director.