The CAE is a forum for the exploration, discussion, and dissemination of ideas on educational facilities. CAE strives to bring together diverse stakeholders interested in creating, building and implementing great learning environments.
The committee meets every 4th Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. at the AIABaltimore Gallery.
To join this committee, please contact co-chairs:
Scott Walters, AIA
Hord Coplan Macht
Michael Archbold, AIA
Baltimore County Public Schools
- AIABaltimore Committee on Architecture for Education Survey of Architects Involved in Public School Design & Construction 2.8.17 - The AIABaltimore Committee on Architecture for Education is surveying architects and professionals involved in Maryland public school design and construction. continue reading
- A Comprehensive Master Plan for Housing for the Division of Student and Campus Life at Cornell University 6.9.16 - Ithaca, NY (June 9, 2016) - Cornell University’s Division of Student and Campus Life has selected U3 Advisors and Design Collective, Inc. to develop a comprehensive student housing master plan for its Ithaca Campus. continue reading
- Phased Renovations on the Horizon for Dulaney High School 4.13.16 - Baltimore, MD (April 13, 2016) - Design Collective, in collaboration with Samaha Associates, was recently selected by Baltimore County Public Schools to design a limited renovation for Dulaney High School in Timonium, MD. continue reading
- Oak Contracting, LLC Awarded $26 Million Wilde Lake Middle School Net Zero Replacement Project 1.15.15 - Howard County Public Schools has selected Oak Contracting to serve as construction manager for the $26-million New Wilde Lake Middle School replacement project. The new 106,221 SF prototype school will be built on the same site as the original school and will house 752 students, grades 6-8. continue reading
- BKM Projects Take Two Awards 11.11.14 - Burdette, Koehler, Murphy & Associates, Inc. (BKM) is proud to announce that two of our projects have been awarded AIABaltimore “Excellence in Design” Awards. continue reading