This Friday’s 2013 AIABaltimore Excellence in Design Awards is a great opportunity to see the impressive new facility for the Baltimore Design School. The school has just opend its doors, and is looking for local architects to help full out their Media Center’s empty book shelves with donations of books and materials:
1) BOOK DONATIONS can be made in the following way:
Please package books in file-case sized cardboard cartons, clearly labled with the Donor’s Name &/or Firm, and the catagory of books contained therein: for example:
- Art & Architectural History
- Works by Architect or Firm
- Works by Building Type
- Building Materials & Structure (contemporary)
- Planning & Urban Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Drawing & Drafting (hand and computer)
- Design Process
- Other, as thought useful (product & furniture design, gaming, auto design)
2) DESIGN MATERIALS are also valuable for student display and use:
- Models, study or presentation, in decent shape
- Renderings, especially those showing design process and intent
- Materials Boards, etc.
3) DONATIONS are to be delivered to BDS (1500 Barclay St. 21202) to Dustin O’Hara at the BDS front desk (443-642-2311 & email@example.com) for the Librarian, Lea Burns (443-642-3679 & firstname.lastname@example.org); please call Dustin prior to delivery.
A similar appeal for donations is being made to the Interior Design, Graphics, and Fashion communities.
Contact Edward Haladay AIA, (443-629-0606 & email@example.com) for any questions concerning donations. THANK YOU on behalf of the BDS.