1.0 AIA CES / 1.0 LACES PDH
Join the AIA Baltimore Committee on the Environment + Resiliency (COTE+R) and the Maryland Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects (MDASLA) in an exploration of Baltimore’s tree canopy, where you’ll learn the importance of urban trees on both the environment and the community. Our panel of experts in climate, sustainability, arboriculture, and landscape architecture will provide context supporting tree planting in the City.
Following the tour, there will be an opportunity for networking and refreshments!
Walking Tour Guides:
Zolna Russell, AIA Baltimore COTE+R co-chair, Floura Teeter Landscape Architects
Amy Guilder-Busatti, Baltimore City Office of Planning
Eric Diehl – Baltimore City Arborist
Charlie Murphy – Tree Baltimore
Justin Bowers – Baltimore Tree Trust
Ben Zaitchick – Baltimore Sustainability Commissioner
For Your Safety We Are:
- Requiring Proof of Vaccination
- Requiring Masks/Social Distancing
- Limiting Tour Capacity to 25 Participants
By registering for this event, you agree to comply with our Covid policy and to terms of the event waiver.
1. Understand the potential of urban trees to improve quality of life and environmental performance of the landscape.
2. Understand tree canopy in the context of Baltimore City’s goals and regulations.
3. Experience an emerging tree canopy in a Baltimore neighborhood.
4. Plant a tree to help meet Baltimore City’s tree canopy goals.
Sponsor This Unique Event
Major sponsor ($500): Company logo on website and marketing materials. Recognition at event and 2 tickets for company representatives.
Sponsor ($250): Company name included on website and marketing materials. Recognition at event, and 1 ticket for company representative.
Interested in Sponsorship? Please email Margaret Stella Melikian at email@example.com