December 1, 2022,
8:30 AM – 10:30 AM EST
Lexington Market 400 W Lexington Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
See how sustainability has played a central role in the redevelopment of the longest continuously operating indoor public market in the U.S.
AT-DOOR REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS TOUR. REGISTRATION CLOSES NOV. 30 AT NOON.
See how sustainability has played a central role in the redevelopment of the longest continuously operating indoor public market in the U.S. at USGBC Maryland’s tour of Lexington Market! Located in West Baltimore and tracing its origins to 1782, the 60,000+ square foot facility recently hosted its soft launch opening at the end of October and is currently tracking LEED certification.
Sustainability strategies include:
- Emphasis on walkability, bike-ability, and utilizing preexisting multi-modal transportation infrastructure
- Cultivating community resilience through infill development
- Maintaining open space
- Heat island effect reduction
- Light pollution reduction
- Indoor and outdoor water efficiency measures
- Enhanced commissioning
Don’t miss this opportunity to see sustainable innovation at work at this historic redevelopment!
- Jon Constable – Development Director, Seawall Development
- Peter Di Prinzio – Development Director, Seawall Development
- Ben Holland – Assistant Project Manager, Lorax, LLC
In-person Health and Safety Statement
The safety and well-being of our community is our top priority. USGBC continues to monitor policy and procedures and is working actively to remain in compliance with federal, state, and local agencies to implement best practices aimed at managing the spread of COVID-19.
To protect the health and peace of mind of our attendees, USGBC has implemented the following preventive measures:
- All in-person attendees of USGBC in-person events must be vaccinated in advance to participate. Full vaccination is defined as having received two shots of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccine or one shot of the Johnson & Johnson product (or a comparably approved vaccine for international attendees) and must be dated at least 14 days in advance of the event.
- Facial mask wearing is required for all indoor activities and encouraged for outdoor activities except when actively eating or drinking.
- Attendees are asked to observe social distancing protocols and respect other’s personal space
- All attendees are required to review and agree to USGBC’s Event Attendee Release & Liability Waiver (included in the registration)
Additional measures may be implemented as necessary. Direct any inquiries related to USGBC’s commitment to fostering a safe environment for all USGBC event participants to Leigh DeWitte (email@example.com).
Visit the links below for more information about federal, state, and local mandates and recommendations to maintain safety.