For the new winery, Oasis Design Group, a landscape architecture, master planning, and urban design firm in Baltimore did the following:
- Designed the site to showcase Big Cork Vineyards as a premier destination winery in the greater Washington, DC, area;
- Developed a sense of place and planned for different types of cultural, culinary and entertainment/concert offerings with key views of the picturesque Elk Ridge;
- Created a site master plan and completed construction documentation and administration for areas associated with the main building, concert area, drop-off area, and two entrances for the vineyard;
- Planned an entry plaza, a variety of special use areas such as a stage and tent area, eastern tasting patio, summer pavilion patio, pathways, and visitor drop-off garden;
- Worked with civil engineers, the builder, and the architect on technical, grading, and drainage refinements at the landscape scale and architectural interface issues; and
- Selected plants, paving materials, site furniture, lighting and other hardscape elements.
Release courtesy Paula Scarfone, Oasis Design Group