By Suzanne Frasier, AIA – AIABaltimore Board of Directors
AIABaltimore is a proactive agent of positive change. Our architect and allied members can own their privilege and serve as allies to minority architects-in-training by supporting AIABaltimore’s close relationship with the School of Architecture and Planning (SA+P) at Morgan State University.
To bolster the already robust relationship with the SA+P and counteract the negative effects of recent national events, there are programs in place—up and running—to participate in and support at multiple levels of engagement:
- Serve as a guest juror for a studio review class
- Mentor an architecture student for a coffee date, a single studio project, a semester, a thesis project, or for the duration of the pursuit of their design degree.
- Join Friends of Architecture at Morgan (FoAM)
- Sponsor a “pizza bus” to give SA+P students a free round trip bus ride plus a slice of pizza for attending AIABaltimore’s Spring Lecture Series
- Add your names to the SA+P Adjunct Faculty teaching list (send your resume to the Dean’s Office)
Morgan State University is a diverse, mission-based equal opportunity and urban research institution that is accessible to low income, racial and ethnic minority students. Morgan State serves the community, region, state, nation, and world as an intellectual and creative resource to prepare diverse and competitive graduates for success in a global, interdependent society. Through collaborative pursuits, scholarly research, creative endeavors, and dedicated public service, Morgan State gives significant priority to addressing societal problems, particularly those prevalent in urban communities.