The CAE is a forum for the exploration, discussion, and dissemination of ideas on educational facilities. CAE strives to bring together diverse stakeholders interested in creating, building and implementing great learning environments.
The committee meets every 4th Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. at the AIABaltimore Gallery.
To join this committee, please contact co-chairs:
Michael Archbold, AIA
Baltimore County Public Schools
Laura Smyles, AIA
Grimm + Parker
- Purposeful Architecture Selected to Lead Special Needs Design for Rock Creek School Replacement 10.2.17 - Annapolis, MD (October 2, 2017)—Purposeful Architecture—a nationally recognized Special Needs Design Architect Firm—is pleased to announce that it has been selected to lead special needs design efforts for the Rock Creek School Replacement in the Frederick County Public School (FCPS) system, and is teaming as a consultant with local architects Proffitt & Associates and Becker Morgan Group. continue reading
- AIABaltimore Committee on Architecture for Education Presents Recommendations to Maryland Public Schools Facility Planners 5.12.17 - On May 8, the AIABaltimore Committee on Architecture for Education (CAE) co-chairs Scott Walters, AIA, LEED AP and Michael Archbold, AIA presented findings and recommendations to K-12 public school facility planners in Maryland on how to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of school design and construction in the state. continue reading
- AIABaltimore Committee on Architecture for Education Survey of Architects Involved in Public School Design & Construction 2.8.17 - The AIABaltimore Committee on Architecture for Education is surveying architects and professionals involved in Maryland public school design and construction. continue reading
- A Comprehensive Master Plan for Housing for the Division of Student and Campus Life at Cornell University 6.9.16 - Ithaca, NY (June 9, 2016) - Cornell University’s Division of Student and Campus Life has selected U3 Advisors and Design Collective, Inc. to develop a comprehensive student housing master plan for its Ithaca Campus. continue reading
- Phased Renovations on the Horizon for Dulaney High School 4.13.16 - Baltimore, MD (April 13, 2016) - Design Collective, in collaboration with Samaha Associates, was recently selected by Baltimore County Public Schools to design a limited renovation for Dulaney High School in Timonium, MD. continue reading