The AIABaltimore Emerging Professionals Committee is a social and professional network of building-industry professionals. We are geared toward recent graduates, Architectural Experience Program (AXP) participants, young architects and designers. We have monthly committee meetings and host a variety of events including tours, happy hours, and educational programs.
The committee meets every 1st Monday at 6 p.m. at AIABaltimore Gallery.
Contact the committee chairs for information about joining:
Jonathan Cartwright, Assoc. AIA
DDG – USA
Trey Shamer, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Sanders | Designs
- Design Collective Celebrates Recent Employee Achievements 7.13.17 - Baltimore, MD (July 13, 2017) – Justin Obringer and Kaitlin Wolfe recently passed the Architect Registration Examination (ARE) to become registered architects in the State of Maryland. continue reading
- AIABaltimore Awards Two Travel Scholarships to Morgan State Architecture Students 5.30.17 - Baltimore, MD (May 30, 2017) – AIABaltimore is pleased to award scholarships to Maleick Fleming and Juwan McIntyre to travel overseas for architectural research. Maleick will travel to Chile and Juwan will travel to Finland. continue reading
- Design Collective Celebrates Recent Employee Achievements 2.28.17 - Baltimore, MD (February 28, 2017) –Paul Drummond and Emilie Carter recently passed the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (L.A.R.E.) to become registered landscape architects. Additionally, Melissa Rodríguez recently passed The Architect Registration Examination (ARE) to become a registered architect. continue reading
- 2017 Emerging Professionals AIA Convention Scholarship 2.7.17 - The scholarship covers registration for the AIA Conference on Architecture 2017 for an AIA Member or Associate AIA Member. continue reading
- Call for Submissions: 2017 Baltimore Architecture T-Shirt Design Competition 2.3.17 - The AIABaltimore Emerging Professionals are hosting a T-shirt design contest with the theme “Baltimore Architecture” to celebrate the cities great buildings and design. Your design can reflect on an architecture experience, feature, past or current buildings and destinations, or show off your creativity with an architecture themed design. Competition entry is free! continue reading
- Salary Negotiation Resources - Negotiating is key to getting the salary you deserve. On September 21, the Equity Committee hosted a conversation on salary negotiation with Stacey B. Lee. J.D., Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Below are resources to prepare you for successfully negotiating in the workplace. continue reading
- NCARB/AXP Resources - There are many resources for Emerging Professionals to access to study for the ARE, register for the ARE and continue to develop their architectural careers. continue reading
- Scholarships and Fellowships - AIA Henry Adams Medal and Certificate Program AIA/AAF Minority/Disadvantaged Scholarship Program AIA Component Scholarship Program (formerly “AIA Component Matching Grant”) a/e ProNet David W. Lakamp AIA Scholarship Corporate Architects & … continue reading