Have you heard about FAR’s Adopt-A-School initiative? Linking architecture firms and Baltimore City Schools.
The Future Architects Resources Committee (FAR) serves as a vehicle for collaboration among professionals and educators (middle and secondary schools, universities, and community colleges,) towards the education of future architects and enlightened citizens of the built environment. Furthermore, the committee is dedicated to increasing exposure among local elementary and middle school aged students to career opportunities in Architecture and Design.
View the FAR brochure.
The committee meets every 2nd Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. in the AIABaltimore Gallery.
Contact the committee for information about joining:
Melissa Rodriguez de Jesus, AIA
- CannonDesign Joins the Adopt-A-School Program 11.17.17 - Report from the CannonDesign Team As designers, we’re educated to hone an arsenal of tools and skills to be prepared for every situation. Got a proposal to renovate 55,000 sf… continue reading
- 2017 AIABaltimore FAR Scholarship Awards 9.11.17 - Deadline: September 15, 2017. The submission portal is open for the 2017 FAR Scholarship Awards. The scholarship awards design excellence demonstrating innovation, social responsibility, environmental stewardship and critical thinking. Submissions can be a single project, multiple projects or a research/theory paper (graduate students only). continue reading
- A Day in the Life of an Architecture Student 6.20.17 - Baltimore, MD (June 20, 2017) – On April 14, high school students in the area were invited to the Morgan State School of Architecture and Planning to experience a day in the life of an architecture student. continue reading
- Future Architects Resources (FAR) at the 5th Annual HoCo STEM Festival 6.9.17 - The 5th Annual HoCo STEM Festival was held at the Howard County Community College’s new SET (Science, Engineering and Technology) building, where students and parents made their way through two floors of exhibits. continue reading
- Donate to the Baltimore Architecture Foundation on #GivingTuesday 11.1.16 - #GivingTuesday is on November 29. Much of what the Baltimore Architecture Foundation does depends on contributions from individual donors. How can your donation make a difference? continue reading
- Developing a Middle School Architecture Lesson Plan - Through the Future Architects Resources (FAR) Adopt-A-School Program, Design Collective developed a methodology for creating a middle school architecture lesson plan based on the firm's design of the Maryland Science Center: a popular location that most of middle school students know. continue reading
- Links and Resources for Future Architects & Teachers - 21st Century Buildings for Our Kids Baltimore City Public Schools’ 10-Year Plan Do you want to be an architect? Find career info here! Archcareers: a blog about the process of becoming an… continue reading