The Historic Resources Committee organizes events that promote the knowledge and appreciation of the restoration and adaptive use of Baltimore’s historic buildings and neighborhoods.
The committee meets every 3rd Tuesday at 5 pm at various locations.
Contact the committee chairs for information about joining:
Andrea Drake, AIA
Marks, Thomas Architects
Retired teacher, HoCo Public Schools
- Maryland Historic Preservation Tax Credit Available for Small Commercial Property Owners 1.15.15 - As of January 1, small business owners will have access to an exclusive historic tax credit. This comes on the heels of action taken last year by the Maryland General Assembly to expand the 19-year program. continue reading
- A Final Look Back on Doors Open 2014 1.6.15 - Last October we held the first ever Doors Open Baltimore. The response was incredible. While we start planning for Doors Open 2015, take a look back at some of the amazing … continue reading
- A Look Back at the 2014 Historic Resources Committee Tours 12.19.14 - It was a big year for the AIABaltimore Historic Resources Committee. Take a look back at some of the tours and events from 2014. See you in 2015!
- Murphy & Dittenhafer Receive State Award for Historic Preservation 12.4.14 - Murphy & Dittenhafer’s work on Schmucker Hall, at the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, was recognized by Preservation Pennsylvania at the 2014 Pennsylvania Historic Preservation Awards ceremony on Friday, September 26 at Juniata College in Huntingdon, PA. continue reading
- Survey: Help Us Choose a Doors Open Baltimore 2015 Theme 12.3.14 - What theme would you like to see in 2015? continue reading