What Is an Allied Professional?
As part of our commitment to serve the needs of the architectural community, AIABaltimore is proud to include Allied Professionals among our membership. Allied Members are engaged in fields that provide services directly related to making the vision of architects a reality, ranging from engineering and construction to architectural illustration and photography.
The Allied Members Committee extends the spectrum of membership to those in allied professions and services, and reinforces collaboration between AIABaltimore and allied professional organizations.
Interested in learning more about Allied Membership? Visit http://www.aiabaltimore.org/about-aiabaltimore/aia-membership/aiabaltimore-allied-professional-membership/ for more information.
The committee meets every 2nd Thursday at 8:30 am at various member firm offices.
Contact the committee chair for information about joining:
American Cedar & Millwork
- Changes to AIA Contract Documents Seminar - Earlier this year, the AIA revised many of its standard form contracts that are most frequently used by owners, general contractors and subcontractors. These include the general conditions, some of the basic contract forms between the owner and general contractor, as well as the form subcontract. continue reading
- Navigating Residential Cabinetry - 1 AIA/CES LU available. Please join August Reichert, Sunnyfields Cabinetry’s Cabinetry and Millwork Specialist, and the team at Sunnyfields, for a lively presentation focused on cabinetry details related to form and function. continue reading
- Wohlsen Breaks Ground on Springwell Senior Living Expansion Project 5.18.17 - Baltimore, MD (May 18, 2017) – Wohlsen Construction Company, in conjunction with Springwell Senior Living and RLPS Architects, celebrated the official groundbreaking for Springwell’s Independent Living and Commons Addition on Tuesday, May 16. continue reading
- American Cedar & Millwork Opens Design Studio in North Baltimore 5.16.17 - Baltimore, MD (May 16, 2017) – American Cedar & Millwork is pleased to announce the grand opening of its fourth showroom, located at 1404 Bare Hills Ave in Baltimore’s historic Mount Washington neighborhood. continue reading
- Celebrity Chef Night Raises Over $7,000 for AIABaltimore and Baltimore Architecture Foundation Scholarships and Programs 5.12.17 - On Tuesday, May 2, twenty-four local architect “celebrity chefs” squared off in a culinary design competition at B-More Kitchen for the third Celebrity Chef Night, hosted by the AIABaltimore Allied Members Committee and the Baltimore Architecture Foundation. Guests mingled and moved from table to table, sampling culinary delights from watermelon gazpacho with lump crab meat to Filipino flan. continue reading
- Mahan Rykiel Associates Wins Two Awards from MD ASLA Including The Traveling Award for Innovation 4.27.17 - Baltimore, MD (April 27, 2017) – Mahan Rykiel Associates (MRA), a Baltimore based landscape architecture, urban design, and planning firm, is pleased to announce that the firm is the recipient of two awards from the Maryland Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects. continue reading
- New Construction Consulting Firm Forms in Baltimore Area 3.30.17 - Baltimore, MD (March 30 2017) – Trade Up Consulting, recently founded by Tim Meuchel, provides owner representation, project management, litigation support, and other construction related consulting services to businesses across the country. continue reading
- Allied Membership Benefits - “There is a compelling need for greater integration and collaboration among all stakeholders in the design and construction profession for promoting exceptional design in our built environment.” – AIA National … continue reading